Saturday, October 27, 2007

Elvis

It just hit me today. Elvis is really dead. I think. Yes, it happened 30 years ago, but we all know how the subconscious can sweep things like this under the rug to protect the conscious mind. He was an inspiration to me, especially how he tried to convince Nixon to let him become a "Federal Agent-at-Large" in the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs, how he changed his identity so well (from thin country sex symbol to Hollywood movie star to Vegas showman), and how he may or may not be dead. (I thought I saw him in a Carlisle, PA Sheets store back in '01, but I was running pretty fast from someone so didn't have time to go back and double-check. It was probably my mind playing a practical joke on me as I dodged a handful of .38 caliber slugs and sprinted into the stock room. )

Nah, he’s really gone, isn't he? I’m a mess. Thank God I still have John Lennon and his music to help me through this.

No comments: